Set your sights on success by attending the 2020 SNA Ohio conference. The purpose of this conference is to meet and network with others in the school nutrition industry, obtain new ideas from informative speakers and workshops and gain a fresh perspective!! We will look ahead to the regulatory and economic changes that have had an impact on the industry and offer tips and ideas that will help overcome these challenges your district faces on a daily basis. So observe your operation, identify your challenges and be ready to take your vision and turn it into your reality!! Vision 2020...it’s time!!
Ohio SNA Annual
Conference Breakout Workshops
SNA of Ohio is currently accepting proposals for presentations for
the upcoming Annual Conference to be held June 16-18, 2020 in Columbus, Ohio!
The proposal submission deadline is October 31, 2019. Submissions will be
reviewed by the Conference Planning Committee, and those selected will be
notified by December 31, 2019. Submit your presentation proposal(s) at https://snao.formstack.com/forms/sna2020conference_cfp.
Tips for your session presentation proposals:
- Content is king - If you really want
to impress the SNA of Ohio audience, pack your
presentation with powerful content.
- Make it compelling - The SNA of Ohio
audience is composed of food service directors, managers, and staff. Learning
levels are diverse, and we are seeking programs for each level of attendee
- Be authentic and vulnerable - Don't be afraid to speak of failure as well as success.
- Customize - Be sure your content
truly speaks to the association audience and is customized to their unique
- Knowledge sharing is the most effective marketing - Sales pitches disguised as education will result in poor ratings
and lost opportunities.
NOTE: Presentations must be educational. We understand that our speakers wish to network with attendees and showcase their services, but we kindly ask that your presentation not be a sales pitch. Networking time will be made available to speakers, sponsors, and attendees for this purpose. We appreciate your cooperation in this area.
Requested topics may include:
- Managing Food Costs
- Increasing participation
- Menu planning/new recipes using government food
- Administrative & Procurement Reviews
- Farm to school
- Dealing with difficult parents and students
- Better understanding of direct diversion/direct deliveries/OGS brown box – how it all works
- Unpaid meal debt
- Conflict resolution
- Hands on kitchen tasks/operations – knife skills, reading CN Labels, etc.
- Industry-focused sessions (We
are excited to offer sessions at our 2020 conference that are geared toward
education for our industry members, including session that may incorporate
interaction among industry and school district members!)
- Tours – We would love to hear ideas about educational tour ideas in the Columbus area that may benefit SNA of Ohio conference attendees.
in Submitting a Proposal? What You Need
- 45-60-minute educational sessions
- interactive and/or lecture session on a specific topic that is presented and
- Includes a brief question and
answer within the presentation timeline.
- Maximum of 3 speakers/panelists
- Sessions typically accommodate
50-60 attendees per session.
- Presenters agree to be available on June 17 or 18,
2020. The conference committee will
confirm the exact day/time in early 2020.
- SNA of Ohio will provide complimentary registration to presenters for the conference, and registration is non-transferable.
- SNA of Ohio does not offer speaker fees or travel expense reimbursement for educational
session speakers. Speakers should plan to make their own travel arrangements unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing.