Assistant Manager of Food Services
Westerville City Schools
936 Eastwind Drive
Westerville, Ohio 43082
Type of Position:
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply/Contact
Apply online at www.westerville.k12.oh.us
Additional Description & Details:
GENERAL DUTIES: The Assistant Manager of Food Services is responsible for the operation of food service and catering programs in multiple schools, all of which are under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Food Services.
1. Provide Direction: Clarify the role and responsibilities of the team. Convey alignment between the team and the district.
2. Lead Courageously: Take responsibility for making decisions and taking action.
3. Influence Others: Make compelling and persuasive cases for decisions and proposals.
4. Foster Teamwork: Build effective teams committed to organizational goals. Empower people to make decisions and take action.
5. Challenge and Inspire Others: Establish challenging performance standards. Create enthusiasm and a desire to excel. Motivate teams and build commitment.
6. Coach and Develop Others: Accurately appraise strengths and weaknesses of team. Provide constructive feedback in a way that builds self-esteem in others. G36 2022 2
7. Champion Change: Challenge the status quo by seeking continuous improvement in systems, processes, and procedures. Encourage innovation and creativity and foster risk taking in others to achieve breakthrough results.
8. Foster Open Communication: Listen effectively and relate to others in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Encourage the open expression of ideas and opinions.
9. Build Relationships: Develop strong relationships with coworkers and stakeholders.
10. Manage Disagreements: Identify sources of conflict disruptive to the harmony of the team and provide constructive feedback through coaching. Work to drive negativity out of the workplace.
11. Act with Integrity and Trust: Demonstrate sound business ethics. Build trust with others by following through on commitments. Demonstrate consistency between words and actions.
12. Demonstrate Adaptability: Work effectively under stressful conditions. Adjust to multiple and conflicting demands. Show resilience under ambiguous and changing circumstances.
13. Develop Oneself: Proactively seek opportunities to personally develop and grow.
14. Analyze Issues: Collect relevant performance data and review on a regular basis.
15. Manage Execution & Deliver Results: Set high standards for performance. Develop work plans that are effective in meeting performance goals.
16. Stakeholder Satisfaction: Seek to understand our customer’s needs, expectations and priorities and deliver quality services that satisfy the customer (strive to exceed expectations).
17. Financial Acumen: Prepare budgets based on need and maintain budget compliance.
18. District Focus: Place a clear priority on delivering a quality education while managing costs.
19. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is almost continuously required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. The employee may frequently life and/or move up to 50 pounds such as milk crates, frozen foods, fruit, G36 2022 3 canned food etc. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times as in typing. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
20. Demonstrated knowledge of computer and point-of-sale software systems, extensive spreadsheet (Excel/Sheets) experience required.
21. General knowledge of nutrient analysis software, menu planning, and inventory control.
22. Ability to present programs to groups, communicate ideas and motivate learning.
23. Ability to work effectively with school personnel, subordinates, students, parents, and community groups.
24. Ability and knowledge of sound leadership principles to supervise a large school multiunit food service operation.
25. Knowledge of federal commodity program and the ability to ensure all reporting requirements are met.
26. Knowledge of modern methods of quantity food preparation and food merchandising.
27. Knowledge of the use and care of institutional kitchen equipment and utensils.
28. Physical fitness and emotional stability to carry on the responsibilities of the job.
29. Sensitivity to cultural diversity issues as they relate to students and staff.
30. Ability to motivate staff to adapt to constant change(s).
31. Ability to coordinate and manage large banquets and ability to expand catering service.
32. Perform such other tasks and duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be assigned or requested by the Superintendent or designee.