Strategic Goal I: Professional Development
Goal: Increase the number certified and/or credentialed per school year by 3%.
- Present a program on Certification and Credentialing at annual conference.
- Provide state members with educational resource information targeting the new keys to excellence.
- Network with new directors by identifying them, marketing membership to them, providing them with opportunity to connect.
- Offer education sessions at state conferences to educate members on the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act regulations and changes related to the new meal pattern.
- Communicate the importance of Certification to school district administration.
- Evaluate methods we are using currently to communicate our Certification classes and make necessary adjustments.
- Promote SNA /SNAO Training to support the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act (HHFKA)
Strategic Goal II: Advocacy and Public image
Goal: Promote advocacy related communications to Membership
- Attend SNA’s Legislative Conference and visit your representatives and senators.
- Post on SNAO website tools and presentations to support important school nutrition issues and initiatives.
- Keep SNA’s membership informed on state legislation related to school nutrition programs.
- Submit a reply to any regulations requesting comments
Goal: Promote SNAO as the Leader in School Nutrition to Allied Groups and Media
- Promote school nutrition programs and healthy school meals.
- Provide members with resources to market their program and provide ideas on ways to educate the community about healthy school meals.
- Promote our redesigned more dynamic and user friendly website.
- Help provide information for students and parents about nutrition education.
Strategic Goal III: Community
Goal: Be a source of information and support for Membership.
- Participate in SNA surveys, webinars and focus groups to help identify the needs of state affiliates.
- Update and align SNAO’s Strategic Framework, Bylaws and Policy & Procedures Handbook with SNA’s.
- Strengthen relationship with SNAO Industry members.
- Continue to grow connections with other association groups to further our efforts to communicate school nutrition issues.
- Develop opportunities for volunteers to give back to their communities.
Strategic Goal IV: Infrastructure
Goal: Increase our total Membership by 3% per school year
- Participate in SNA’s membership drives.
- Promote and increase the number of school districts offering School District Owned Memberships.
- Utilize the membership toolbox provided by SNA at all area meetings, state meetings and annual conference.